Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Just Gotta Vent



OK, so I haven't posted since Thursday, and now all I'm going to do is vent. No, I don't like to post about bad things all the time, but I'm so tired, and so frustrated.

Work was just awful last week. Well, nothing really *that* bad...but I wasn't feeling 100% by any means, and my attitude suffered for it. On Thursday, all hell broke loose in the Money Center (I may have posted about it, not sure)...and it was very stressful and while I handled it at the time, I was PISSED at the way management completely abandoned me to it. Sure I handled it ok, but that's not the point. They walked away and refused to even try to help.

Friday I got fussed at in front of customers and other associates for something I did NOT do. Jackie and I were having a conversation in Customer Service, and I mentioned that I had to talk to the CSM's because I was on track to have 3.5 hours of overtime. All week, I tried to cut out of work early, and instead I was kept late due to the business of Money Center and the understaffing. CSM's kept me over. I started clocking in only 1-3 min early rather than the 15 min I usually clock in early in order to try to compensate for it, and took some longer lunches (an hour and 15 min instead of just an hour). Leroy, a dept. manager, overhears and jumps on the radio calling management into it. Management fussed at the CSMs, and the CSM on the book jumped my case for a)not going to them first and b)having overtime. Umm...*I* didn't go to management, LEROY DID. *I* didn't intend to have overtime, they kept forgetting about me and not relieving me and asking me to stay over, with me telling them the entire time that if I did, I'd have overtime. Still, I managed to keep my cool, but then walked to another CSM and told him I was quitting. He calmed me down and then I was fine. It takes a lot to set me off, but when I get set off, its something small that does it to me. Anyway, rather than let me go home early, they forced me to take a 3 hour lunch. That is so WRONG. Its just not right! I did it because I need my job, but I was pissed.

So anyway. Thursday, I officially got the Money Center job offer, and I accepted it, never realizing I was shooting my CSM ambition in the foot. I even told the manager doing the paper work that I was put in for CSM and how I wanted to make sure I did everything by the book. NEVER did he tell me that accepting the Money Center job offer kicked me out of any other job offers for 6 months. GAHHHH. That's why I want to vent today. I bust my ass for them, and this is how I'm repaid. True, working in Money Center, no one sees my performance...not really. And we have a lot of down time over there, where they walk by and see us standing around talking or something. But there are many, MANY other times where we don't have time to take a break or a lunch because we're so slammed...so it really makes up for it in those areas.

I don't know now if I want CSM. I'm getting pretty jaded on the whole process. If God doesn't want me to be a CSM, fine, but let me know rather than just throwing stumbling blocks in my path, please! Ok that's wrong but I'm just frustrated. I work really hard and I give my customers my best. I don't snap at them, I'm polite to them, and I take a lot of CRAP from them, and I suppose I just want to be rewarded for that. But ya know what...CSMs take even more crap so maybe its best for me to just stay in MC...especially since the chronic pain is really no better and I'm still not sure how long I can keep going.

OK venting is over...I feel better even though I'm sure I didn't make much sense.

No comments: