Monday, May 07, 2007

Bittersweet



Its times like today that I realize how incredibly fortunate I am to be not only a mother, but a mother to three beautiful, incredible kids.

MIL (mother in law) had Bekah for me this morning so I could try to sleep a little late...I picked her up a little while ago, and we drove into town to Sonic, where she proceeded to tell me exactly what she wanted to eat. We listed to the Phantom of the Opera movie soundtrack all the way into town. I had it in the CD player from working Saturday, and she didn't want me to put Jonah in, she wanted to listen to Phantom. The kid is definitely my child :)

We're home now, and she's on her pallet I made her in front of the TV, about to watch Happily Never After, and take her nap. She told me she was ready for her nap. She got out of the van all by herself and shut the door all by herself. She helped me make her pallet. She took her own shoes off and put them up. She hasn't stopped hugging and kissing me since I picked her up.

This is my baby...my youngest. She'll be 5 all too soon. Its bittersweet because she's my last...and it seems like she's growing up on me overnight. I'm watching her little personality grow and develop, and it just amazes me that I've had anything to do with these three amazing individuals.

Jared is 13 now. He's growing and changing before my eyes. He's still really small for his age, but he's growing in other ways. Its a real pleasure to sit and just TALK to him.

Katie is 11. Her little body is getting WAY too curvy for my comfort. Her bras are already larger than mine were as a senior in high school. She's BARELY taller than Jared now, but taller nonetheless...a fact she constantly reminds him of. She's also so smart it literally scares me.

Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday I was holding each of these tiny little babies in my arms, and now I can't pick them up.

My prayer is that I'm able to be a good influence on their lives, and that they grow up to be happy and successful in every endeavor. I'm grateful to still have the opportunity to watch them grow and develop. I'm so truly blessed...and when I think about my recent miscarriage and other troubles I can just look at Jared, Katie, and Rebekah and know that all is just as it should be.

No comments: