Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Being a Mama



Yesterday was a bit of a rough day. I can't really go into detail about it, but I witnessed something I'd hoped not to see this summer. Two mothers left an infant and a toddler in a car, with the windows rolled up, doors locked, while they shopped for at LEAST an hour that we know of. They took an older child into the store with them. These babies were defenseless. Thankfully they're going to be ok, and the police took care of the negligent mamas.

Mother's Day is this weekend. I love my three children desperately. I can't imagine doing something that would hurt them, possibly kill them, yet so many people do. A child is the most precious gift we as mothers are given. We're BLESSED when we hold our baby for the first time, hear that first cry...see their first smile, their first steps, hear their first words. I don't understand how anyone could look at the child they've just given birth to, and doubt the existence of God and of miracles.

Motherhood is the most wonderful thing I've ever experienced. As I watch these little wonders grow and change daily before my very eyes, I'm continually reminded of the responsibility I bear, and the great joys that are yet to come.

I wish I could wax poetic and make some profound comments that would make you who read this stop, shake your head, and say "WOW..." Well...I can't. I'm not that good. I wish I could say I'm better in real life, but hey...I'm not that either LOL. All I know is that I love my children more than myself, and I had to keep checking them all night last night. Do moms ever stop getting up during the night to tuck their babies in and plant a soft kiss on their cheeks? I sure hope not.

No comments: