Monday, June 25, 2007

WOULD IT KILL HIM....

to kiss me once in a while??? To REALLY kiss me?? Sheesh.

I come home from work tonight, bone weary and very sore from many, MANY severe muscle spasms in my abdomen this evening. Justin was waiting up for me, or trying to (he passed out in the recliner). I went into the bedroom to change, and he came in and hugged me...REALLY hugged me. It was wonderful. He held me for several minutes, or so it felt...then pulled away, and pecked me on the lips, and walked away.

Um. Dude. A wonderful, incredibly comforting and romantic hug like that, and you end it with a PECK ON THE LIPS???? I'm not saying go tonsil-diving or anything, but COME ON. A lingering kiss isn't asking too much, is it?

We never kiss anymore, and it breaks my heart. A peck on the lips isn't kissing, its an absent-minded swipe at affection that may or may not still be going strong. Its what old married couples do, especially when they've had a few loveless years lately. I don't want to put my marriage into that category.

Would it kill him to sweep me off my feet once in a while? Probably no more than it'd kill me to get up early and cook breakfast for him again like I used to before going back to work. Dangit. I had to go and think rationally, didn't I? *sigh*

No comments: