Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Well its over...

the "surgery" that is. They used large needles (can't remember if I explained this or not) to anesthetize the nerves in the neural clusters on each side of my abdomen. Dr. Jolly isn't sure if it will help my spasms at all, although he's hopeful. The procedure itself went very quickly...about 30 minutes. I remember going into the procedure room, and I vaguely remember getting up on the table and laying down. Then la la land took over. When I woke up, and was aware that I was awake, Justin was next to my bed in the recovery room and was just so sweet and attentive. I think I'll keep him.

I'm wiped out...between not sleeping a wink last night (I got up and showered at 2:30 because I was still wide awake, and then played WoW until time for us to leave) and the drugs, I have no energy. He said if the block worked, I'll have diarrhea for a day or two, and will also have some low blood pressure issues. I'm very unsteady on my feet, but I'm ok.

So far I can't really tell a difference in my abdomen, but my back is KILLING me. It feels like I pulled several muscles, or someone punched me on each side of my spine. I'm sure by tomorrow that will be better.

So anyway, here's hoping and praying :)

No comments: