Monday, July 23, 2007

I need new feet!



OK so this is a truly gross picture, and my feet do NOT look like this (they're not THAT old yet lol) but man, they sure do FEEL like it!

I got to work fully expecting to spend most of my time in Money Center tonight, and instead I was doing CSM duty for 7 of the 8 hours I worked (at least). Granted, I didn't have my own keys or numbers yet, but I borrowed from other CSM's...and considering I was left alone to run the front end for about an hour (with no warning whatsoever) I think I did fairly well.

I LOVED the fact that I got to walk so much...the time really flew by because I wasn't standing in any one place. My back and abdomen didn't hurt as badly either, I assumed from the constant movement keeping me from stiffening up. About an hour before I got off though, my feet started really burning, and I limped out to my van after my shift. I have two new blisters. What the heck? Its not like I've been sitting on my bum the past 8 months...I stand on my feet the entire day...I guess there's just more friction walking back and forth.

I feel good about how I worked tonight...but the real test will come once I'm truly on my own. So far though, so good. I had little to no supervision or instruction out on the floor, and I feel very confident in my performance.

So...all in all...a good day (I just need new feet!)

3 comments:

Lynnae said...

Eeeeewwwww! Those are some nasty feet!

Glad it went well today!

carrie said...

What size shoes do you wear? I would recommend a pair of Dansko's but they're really expensive....

Kandy Seaton Smith said...

I wear an 8 1/2 slim if I can find the slim...if not just regular 8 1/2's.

The thing is, whenever I do something new with my feet...walking more or whatever, I get blisters under the callouses that are on the bottoms of both of my little toes. Its something I've gotten used to as a fact of life. I stick a needle under the callous, drain the blister, then wear ointment and bandaids for a few days, and its all better LOL